Tuesday 29 October 2013

To Sit in Solemn Silence

Hello,
So this is an outfit I wore today. I wore a different (dreadfully boring) outfit to QSA (queer straight alliance) but after seeing, like, 3 really cool looking people on the train ride home I decided I had to change. Not that I actually had anywhere to go where I would see funky people, I mean unless you count picking my grandpa up at the airport... which I really don't...
 Oddly enough a number of people (like middle aged men) said I looked cute, which I was confused by because the intention of this outfit was not to look cute. I mean it is fine to want to look cute and to dress cute and I def do that sometimes but this outfit was mean more as a statement as opposed to a cutesy dress up or costume. I really like it when people tell me that they like my outfit but idk it's weird when people completely misinterpret it. That being said...



For this outfit I was inspired by the Comme Des Garçons Fall 2010 collection, namely the plaid looks 17-22. I wore a vintage plaid skirt upside down belted on my waist and a 1980s shirt.

Love,
Charlotte













1 comment:

  1. Can't stand people calling awesome, radical gear designed to cause whiplash as "cute". Your skirt ensemble isn't "cute", it's banging!! Yes, The Stylist is my daughter, who turns 11 on Monday :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete